The Downtown Sarasota Farmers Market
Stop and smell the roses...and have a cup of coffee...
A year-round Saturday morning downtown tradition since 1980, the
Sarasota Farmers Market is a gathering of friendly faces and a place to
stop and smell the roses, or whatever other flowers are on display.
Starting September 22, 2018: Find the Sarasota Farmers Market on First Street. The market temporarily shift locations. The move is in response to safety concerns from ongoing construction activity of The Mark during market hours, and the bricking of Lemon Avenue in early 2019. 7 a.m. - 1 p.m., rain or shine.Their new footprint will extend to First Street, between Orange and Lemon Avenues in downtown Sarasota, FL. The Farmers Market will return to its original location when construction and re-bricking is complete, and it is determined to be safe for customers to return.
This is an event and an experience to behold, where kindred
spirits may come and stroll the blocked off area of downtown and simply
peruse the open air wares and fresh produce, or maybe seafood, of the
It's really about "atmosphere," relaxation and the creative, plus
fresh food and wares on display.
Even though there can be crowds and
chatter it's actually a quite "peaceful" experience, if that makes sense
to you. I don't know how else to put it.
There's also usually live music and you can usually find some unique breakfast and lunch items as well.
The largest gathering of local farmers in the area, this open air market
features not only the freshest produce and sometimes sea food, right
out of the waters of the Gulf of Mexico, but also other foods, flowers,
plants and there are artisans
displaying and selling their hand made arts and crafts.
It’s a beautiful outdoor setting in which to spend some time and pick up some fresh foods.
AND If you’re staying in accommodations with a kitchen, this is definitely the place from which to stock up.
Plus, you can enjoy the aromas of fresh brewed coffee and baked goods
permeating the open air market, so you can even have breakfast here.
Food, fresh produce, music, new friends and the aromas from open air
grills and vendors of all sorts all work together to make this a fun,
low-key attraction to put on your Saturday morning itinerary.
The Farmers Market takes place every Saturday morning, rain or shine,
from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. along Lemon avenue between First and State Streets and a bit beyond in downtown Sarasota. Click here for a map.
The Sarasota Farmers Market is free to attend and there’s usually free
parking available on the downtown streets and a free parking lot at the
corner of State and Lemon Avenues.
Click here for more information on the Sarasota Farmer's Market.
Directions to downtown Sarasota's Farmer's Market: Head to downtown Sarasota and look for the crowd of happy people!
Other Nearby Farmer's Markets
Subject to change and seasonality without notice by organizers.
- Phillippi Farmhouse Market: Every Wednesday, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. October - April. 5500 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota.
- San Marco Plaza Farmer's Market: Every Friday, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. all year. 8215 Nature's Way, Lakewood Ranch.
- The Market at Lakewood Ranch, every Sunday from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. November - April. They offer organic produce, meat, poultry, eggs, breads, pasta, juices, and prepared foods from over 40 vendors along with cooking demonstrations, morning yoga and more. Lakewood Ranch Medical Center located in the heart of Lakewood Ranch, Florida, across from Main Street.
- Central Sarasota Farmers Market: Saturdays, 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. October through June. Florida House Institute, 4454 Beneva Rd, Sarasota.
- Venice Farmer's Market: Every Saturday, 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. (1 p.m. during "season") all year. Tampa Avenue, Venice.
- Siesta Key Farmer's Market: Every Sunday, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. all year. Siesta Village Plaza, 5124 Ocean Blvd, Siesta Key.
- Lido Key Farmer's Market dubbed the "Veggie Market:" Every Thursday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Lido Beach Pavilion, 400 Ben Franklin Drive, Lido Key.
- Bradenton Farmer's Market: Every Saturday, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. October - May. Old Main Street, downtown Bradenton.
- Bridge Street Market: Every Sunday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. November - April. Bridge Street, Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island.
- Beach Market at Coquina Beach: Every Sunday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., November through July (except 12/25/16, 4/16/17, 5/14/17, 5/28/17). 2650 Gulf Drive South, Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island.
From Sarasota Farmers Market to Sarasota Attractions.
Escape-to-Sarasota Florida Home